Our VetoCare clinic obtained in July 2021 the CAT FRIENDLY CLINIC Silver accreditation
We are the first and for the moment the only ones to have obtained this accreditation in Bordeaux and the CUB!
But what does this mean for you and your companions?
The Cat Friendly label has become a reference for the well-being of cats since its launch in 2012.
A strict set of specifications, which meet the requirements of the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM) and the International Cat Care Foundation, must be met to obtain this label.
Three levels are offered to clinics wishing to be listed: bronze, silver and gold.
The veterinary structure must meet all the conditions of reception and fitting out necessary for this medal. The various facilities required by the label are available on the ISFM website.
In practice, the Cat Friendly recognition means that the facility and its members are concerned by all the criteria essential to promote the optimal reception of our feline friends:
- Waiting room: separate, with high beds and blankets specific to Valerian.
- Consultations: dedicated room (application of valerian and/or pheromones) with possible explorations and calm environment.
- Equipment and complementary examinations: exhaustive material adapted to feline examinations.
- Hospitalization: Exclusive adapted space. Boxes reserved for cats and completely separated from the dogs' boxes. Large boxes for longer stays.
- Medication and laboratory: for specific feline use (Snap tests in particular).
At Cat Friendly Veterinarians, priority is given to the well-being of the cat, throughout its care in the clinic.
The cat as a species is placed at the centre of all reflection on the layout of the establishment, with clear objectives: to avoid stress, to soothe the cat, to facilitate the clinical examination and to limit handling under sedation.
The equipment is not the only thing that needs to be fitted out to be Cat Friendly.The nursing staff is also invited to be trained to understand and apprehend the cat's behaviour.
The ISFM has set up a page listing all the accredited practices and clinics in France: map of Cat Friendly clinics.